[3830] SS CW W1WEF Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W1WEF Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2016 20:20:25 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W1WEF
Operator(s): W1WEF
Station: W1WEF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ct
Operating Time (hrs): 21

------------
  160:
   80:  307
   40:  328
   20:  389
   15:    1
   10:
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

What a way to start, with the first caller  VO1BQ at the bottom of 20! VO has
been one of the tough mults for me more than once; I had 3 this year. My 21st Q
was VY1AAA...thanks Gerry.My last mult which completed my sweep at 9:30AM Sunday
morning was a weak VE5 who I had heard working someone else earlier, but I wound
up with three VE5's.
I really like the fact that in this contest you have to be able to copy code.
When a slow station calls, I QRS, and when a good op calls in who I know can
copy QRQ I sometimes hit the "page up" key and speed it up. I did
finally wind up sending at 28 or 30 wpm and found a lot of slower ops came back
who I might not have worked otherwise. I know the theory that they will listen
until they get it at higher speed, but I figure if I'm only getting an answer
sometimes to one in 20 CQs, "what difference does it make".
At one point I ran across my buddy, K1RM, and thought we were running neck and
neck, but a few minutes later I heard him again  and he was 80 Qs ahead of me!
I had already taken all my OFF time, so I could operate the rest of the contest
until 10PM, but at 8 local I decided it was just too slow and I was sick of
S&Ping so I quit and turned it off. I hadn't heard Vinny since we were in
the 800's.
I want to also say that I love N1MM (the program) when I get it working right.
I almost always have issues setting it up but I learn something new every time.
The problem is, I don't remember a year later!
 I still do learn  something new  in every contest. This time around I learned
that I can make a decent cup of coffee in the Keurig using the "K
Cup" a second time!  I haven't tried three times yet...hi Congrats Vinny
You beat me again!   Thanks all for the Qs.   JACK W1WEF