[3830] SS CW N6ZFO Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N6ZFO Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 21:04:27 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO N0KQ
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:    0
   80:  175
   40:  105
   20:  415
   15:  262
   10:    0
------------

Club: Mother Lode DX & Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment: FT-1000MP MkV with Alpha 86 (amp used on 20 and 15 only).
Antennas:  Innov K7NV+ multi-monoband beam; 4 el on 15,  3 on 20 separate
driven elements on a 27-foot boom, 50 feet AGL but on top of a 600-foot
mountain.  40m DE Zepp on 40 and 80m.

Comments: Still some bugs to work out with Amp connection to wire antennas for
40 and 80m so the effort was a hybrid of 200w on 40 and 80 m and 1.4KW on 20
and 15.

Use of cut numbers in the exchange still annoying; even worse are the several
ops who sent the exchange elements out of order!  I did pause in the middle of
a pileup of stations to suggest to a W8 that he not use cut numbers after the
2nd repeat.

Missed setting the SF Section record for Multi-HP by only 20 qso's; however I
would have felt a little bad if we had beat it, as it is the single remaining
SF section record held by the much admired contesting idol Bip, W6BIP, for whom
Sweepstakes was a favorite event from the late 1930's to 1994.

73 Bill n6zfo