[3830] WAE RTTY GU0SUP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pcooper@suremail.gg
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY GU0SUP Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 17:43:39 +0000
WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: GU0SUP
Operator(s): GU0SUP
Station: GU0SUP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   80:   57   57     0    92
   40:  114  114     0   120
   20:  184  184    80   116
   15:   74   74    90    72
   10:    6    6     0    12
------------------------------
Total:  435  435   170   412  Total Score = 249,260

Club: DL-DX RTTY Contest Group

Comments:

We had gale force winds and rain all the week, and my 80m inverted L was looking
in bad shape, but I wasn't able to get out and fix it before the contest.
However, it did work, although the SWR was about 1.8:1, so it wasn't as bad as
I had expected.

I decided to run with N1MM+ for the first time in this contest (had used it for
others), and quickly found some issues with the QTC handling. I thought it was
me, but it seems that others have had the same issue.

In view of that, this was a bit of a learning curve for me, although it wasn't
as bad as I had expected.

Conditions were a little odd, with W9/0's loud one minute, then working G/ON/PA
on 20 & 15m. I was quite surprised to work ZL3PAH who was a good signal
here, but I heard no VK's or JA's.
The less than "good" conditions meant that 20m was extremely busy.
When I was S&P, I had several stations following me and calling me, and I
think more than a few took the report for me from the station I was calling to
be my report to them.
A few later sent me B4 messages, so their logs will suffer!

All in all, not a bad contest, but I was well down on QTC's simply because of
the issues with N1MM.
Hopefully that will get sorted for next year.

Thanks to DARC for my favourite contest of the year, and to all for the
patience and points.

73 de Phil GU0SUP