[3830] WAE RTTY KG4IGC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg4igc@att.net
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY KG4IGC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 06:42:06 +0000
WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Summerville, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 15:04

   80:   25   25     0    36
   40:  111  111    36    81
   20:   84   84   113
   15:   23   23    72    32
   10:    0    0     0     0
------------------------------
Total:  243  243   221   153  Total Score = 92,796

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Had a pretty good time in the WAE RTTY test this year. Band conditions were
fair, was able to work EU on 40, 20, and 15 but  only in short spurts it
seemed. Did not realize that I could have exchanged QTC's with other
continents, was thinking that I could only exchange them with EU stations. Oh
well, live and learned, at a cost of a lot of points for me as I worked several
SA stations. I also messed up a couple of incoming QTC's so bad that I had to
let them go as I felt that I was taking too long to correct the mess-ups and
thus holding up the other station. The bands seemed to dry up quite a few
times, so wound up taking several breaks and as a result, only put in 15 total
hours for the weekend. I think overall I did fairly well in the end though. I
wish that would have I had more time at the end of the contest to catch up to
Dave NJ4F and Ted K7OM, but that was my own fault for taking so much time off
hihi. Ted K7OM worked me while I was running, was a pleasure to see him on the
air as usual. Did not hear any other SFCG members, but there were others
working the contest. In the end, I had a really great time and am already
looking forward to next years contest. Perhaps by then I will have mastered the
QTC thing.

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000
PWR:  75 watts
ANTS: Hex and 20/40 Superloop, 282' Horizontal Loop