[3830] SS SSB W3EAX(K3TN) School Club HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W3EAX(K3TN) School Club HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 11:16:13 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W3EAX
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: School Club HP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

------------
  160:
   80:  161
   40:  148
   20:   69
   15:    5
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had two objectives for phone SS: (1) Try to help revive the University of
Maryland club by putting the W3EAX call on as a club entry; and (2) the usual
generation of a few points to help the PVRC battle for the Sweepstakes Club
gavel. Had a lot of fun meeting both objectives - was great to hear all the
comments about hearing the W3EAX callsign again. If you are interested in
helping the U of MD club get going again, contact me at my CBA or what I guess
these days is known as "QDCEA - QRZ.COM email address".

As the sections added up, I added a 3rd objective - get the sweep so the Club
could have a  new coffee cup. SB has turned into a tough section for me for
some reason - heard a few of them S&Ping but never caught up with one. I
never even heard a PAC station - the usual Sunday am 40M check was for naught
this year.

The last one I did get was AK. While S&Ping on 20M Sunday afternoon, came
across an odd signal. I switched to LSB and sure enough someone was CQing in
the wrong mode and probably just blaming the low rate on the Sunday afternoon,
football games are on, effect. As an offering to the Clean Sweep gods, I
stopped by and told him he was on LSB - and sure enough, a few minutes later I
found KL7IEH and managed to break through for section 81. But, apparently I
didn't earn enough "pay it forward" points to earn finding SB and
PAC...

K3/KPA500 to a 135' OCF windom that was lowered to about 40' to survive the 50
mph windstorm that started up right at 2100z and continued the entire weekend.