[3830] CQWW CW KJ5Y M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KJ5Y M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 00:00:22 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KJ5Y
Operator(s): KJ5Y N5XZ MM0LID
Station: KJ5Y

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Houston, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 45

  160:   26     8       15
   80:   67    16       37
   40:  310    30       80
   20:  496    31      114
   15:  268    31       82
   10:   35     9       23
------------------------------

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Well what can we say about this one ?

1. CONDITIONS WERE DREADFUL! we asked after SSB if the Bands cold be any worse.
They were not far off it.

2. Low bands were a lost cause for us, neighbour doesn't approve of us coming
through his speakers.. No matter what I do, still happens!

3. Extreme high noise at times, massive static crashes, everything you could
think of really.

Was really slow in the opening hours, 20M shut down very early.
was even hard to hear those normal Caribbean mults!

Getting a run going at anytime of this was pretty hard, when we did get one
going. it came to an abrupt halt with someone stepping on us.

Sunday was a huge improvement compared to the opening 24 hours..
Was actually nice to hear some audible and strong European signals.

Looking forward to getting the new antenna sorted out!

Allen N5XZ joined this time around and made light work of running as normal.

To summarise its been a good weekends contesting, but boy its tough at a
sunspot minimum and battling everything else.

73 and see you in the next ones.
KJ5Y

Thanks to everyone who worked us.