[3830] CQWW CW W4PK SOSB(A)/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4pk@w4pk.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W4PK SOSB(A)/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 00:15:08 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SOSB(A)/80 HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 7:16

  160:
   80:  178    15       67
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Had grand kids for most of the weekend but I did manage to operate some both
Saturday and Sunday evenings on 80M.

Very strange propagation on Saturday night.  Started out fine with Europeans
coming through S9 but the bottom fell out later on in the evening.  The
Europeans I did hear just kept CQing even though I run a KW to a 4-square.
Even the signals from the Caribbean were very weak.  I never did get even one
answer when I tried running.

Conditions were  better Sunday evening in that I was somewhat successful in
running stations but a lot of them were still very weak.  There were several I
could just not pull out of the noise even with a Beverage antenna toward
Europe.   My apologizes to those I did not manage to work. About 80% of my
contacts were from S&Ping.

Other than that I had fun, but I do remember that conditions were much better
in the past years.  Usually I could easily work into Asia on this band but not
this year.

73, Sam W4PK