[3830] CQWW CW VA3DF M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3df66@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VA3DF M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 00:34:51 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VA3DF
Operator(s): VE3CR VA3DF
Station: VA3DF

Class: M/S LP
QTH: ONS
Operating Time (hrs): 45

  160:  108     7       12
   80:  303    15       45
   40:  476    26       87
   20:  429    34      116
   15:  197    24       76
   10:   41    12       28
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Such a contest! Plans came together this year and VE3CR and his XYL Ms. Sheila
were able to join me for a M/S operation.

Conditions were not the best to start the contest and we had to change our
strategy on the fly to take advantage of what was available (lemons from
lemonade etc.) First night was a bit of a pig and we ended up 75 qsos shy of my
benchmark figures from last year's SO operation. Fortunately, we were able to
more than make up the deficit with the benefit of some major runs on the low
bands and Eric's determined chasing of multipliers.

In fact, we managed to exceed the qso count from last year - although major
shortage on mults vs. last year! So many good things, such as sitting down
Sunday AM and working HC0 for a double mult as my first qso. Also - last qso of
the contest was with SV on 80 m.(2 minutes to go)for another double mult.

The new beverage performed admirably and was a huge help on 80 m. No hardware
issues other than a stuck preset button on the rotor control box which was
easily fixed. However, we did have our share of excitement Sunday AM when Ms.
Sheila managed to set off all the fire alarms in the house while cooking
breakfast :>)

Executive summary: score was higher than anticipated despite poor condx. and
everyone is eagerly anticipating one of Ms. Sheila's delicious post-contest
feasts. Hope we don't have have that fire alarm issue again....

Thanks to all those who activated rare DX locations - you guys are the best!

Already looking forward to next year!

73,

Doug
VA3DF