[3830] CQWW CW VA7ST SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VA7ST SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 01:27:36 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:    5     2        2
   80:  123     7        5
   40:  167    15       24
   20:  526    23       57
   15:  415    14       34
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1226    61      122  Total Score = 478,179

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

23.5 hours on. Bands were lousy from the start. Polar path was under a strong
auroral oval, though a few EU stations were worked Sunday morning on 20M.

Just five minutes into my only EU run on 20M, while I was working a string of
F, G and EA stations, CN2AA lit up directly on top of me and began working NA
stations, ending my run as I could no longer work the European callers under
the hijacker.

Had fun running stateside with rates of 150 per hour on Sunday, but sure missed
the 10M mults from recent years. No band performed as well as last year, and 40M
and 80M were real under-performers. Worst score since 2005, which was a
low-power entry.