[3830] CQWW CW VE6WZ SOSB(A)/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve6wz@shaw.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE6WZ SOSB(A)/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 02:10:58 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE6WZ
Operator(s): VE6WZ
Station: VE6WZ

Class: SOSB(A)/40 HP
QTH: Sundre
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

This was my first CW test with my new remote station that I built over the last
two years. It is located about 100km north of my home QTH.

K3s-Mini twin set-up using the remote-rig RCC boxes. Everything worked
flawlessly.
N1MM is configured at the remote computer and logs and keys the radio at the
remote site using access via TeamViewer. I was very happy with the feel of the
remote. It felt like I was sitting beside the radio. Acomm 2000a and my
homebrew 2-el Yagi at 100'.

40m showed poor conditions for me, but better than the SSB installment (how
could it have been worse than that!). During the first evening it felt like I
was watching the contest from the sidelines. The am conditions were also poor
with decent signals from Asia, but only very weak and watery signals from EU on
the LP.
Day two was much better though short-path to EU in my evening was very poor at
best. My morning was better with good signals from both Asia and EU long path.
Some very good signals from 4S7 and A6-A7 as well as 4X4. The EU long-path
gradually moved from the SW to the West and then after a while of bad
multi-path echo on many signals, the EU signals where all coming in direct path
over the pole about 2 hours after SR. The band stayed open all day to Asia and
EU but signals were light. However, by about sunset the short path to EU was
very muted and few EU were worked after that.
Highlights were working 4S7AB and being called by VP8NO for a new mult during
my final run about 20 min before the end of the contest.

All-in-all it was a great test of the new station, even though conditions were
poor.

Thanks for all who called me, and heard me.

de steve ve6wz.