[3830] CQWW CW VC7X(@VE7UF) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VC7X(@VE7UF) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 04:03:55 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VC7X
Operator(s): VE7JH VE7KW VE7MR VE7UF
Station: VE7UF

Class: M/S LP
QTH: BC Zone 3
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  167    10       16
   80:  247    18       37
   40:  728    28       71
   20: 1088    30       82
   15:  550    24       58
   10:   11     8       11
------------------------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

We knew conditions would be bad but that did not deter us from setting the lofty
goal of a new Zone 3 M/S LP record.
Our four highly skilled operators took on the challenge of surpassing the 601k
mark with great vigor and enthusiasm. The goal was first set for 1M, then
quickly raised first to 2000 contacts, then to 2M points. After that I stopped
raising the goal due to fear of reprisal from my teammates.

Being in Canada we have the luxury of being able to work USA stations for 2
points and we sure took advantage of that: 71% of QSOs are with the USA. Our
Japanese friends supplied 12% of the contacts.

There was great activity from the Americas to help boost the score, Europe was
represented by 43 contacts (<2%). Conditions were steadily poor throughout,
with an SFI in the seventies and the A index starting at 30 it was expected. We
focused on trying to run USA stations with our 100W output and had a great time
doing it. The second radio was kept busy trying to break the pileups for those
multipliers. Running 100W in poor conditions on the mult-station teaches you
patience and acceptance. Almost a religious experience...

Thanks to all who heard us, hope you all got the callsign right too!

Great fun was had by Duane (VE7UF), Cezar (VE7MR), Keith (VE7KW) and Gabor
(VE7JH).

And thanks to Duane was letting us use his station, his four towers loaded with
antennas did help...

See you in 2017 (in the HP category)!