[3830] CQWW CW ET3AA(K4ZW) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ET3AA(K4ZW) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 06:42:48 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ET3AA
Operator(s): K4ZW
Station: ET3AA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ethiopia
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    4     3        4
   40:  140    13       43
   20:  613    20       77
   15: 1074    24       88
   10:   39    11       25
------------------------------

Club: Ethiopian Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

Wrapping up a 2.5 week business trip to Africa.  Took advantage of the
opportunity to put ET3AA on the air.

The operation was a mix of tuning the bands, working the guys back home, and
running pileups.  I have to say most everyone behaved well!  Access to the
station is pretty much 8 AM - 8 PM, as long as someone is there with the keys.

I thought conditions were OK, better on Saturday with some big signals from the
US on 15 meters.  Managed to squeeze a few European QSO's out of 10 meters.  I
left a little early Sunday night, to go back to the hotel and shower, finish
packing, and get to the airport.  I'm half way home now.  Doing this from the
airport in Frankfurt.

Thanks to the members of the club station for allowing me access and hanging
around while I operated.  It's a great bunch.  They enjoy radio and contesting!
 The weekend before, I passed through Addis and we had a pizza party.  It was a
big turnout!  Nice to see ET3AA on the air for both modes of CQWW DX!

73
Ken K4ZW