[3830] CQWW CW TK0C M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, simon@hamradio.si
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW TK0C M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 08:49:47 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: TK0C
Operator(s): S57C S53WW S53F S57L S53CC S53ZO S53BB S50P S55OO S53RM
Station: TK0C

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   923    19       80
   80:  2466    34      117
   40:  3728    40      152
   20:  3276    39      143
   15:  1577    37      140
   10:   117    11       39
-------------------------------

Club: Belokranjec Contest Club

Comments:

What we didn’t have in this contest is aluminium tubes. What we had is true
friendship, big heart and many, many QSOs.

What started as a single van expedition as II0C in 2014 and continued as M/S
TK0C in 2015, resulted as 12.087 QSO and 18,5 mio points in this year’s M/2
as TK0C. Still originating from a field day style setup idea we loaded a single
van and two cars with fiberglass poles, stations, amps and kilometers of coax
and wire. Our newest addition this year is a “QSO generator” - box that
solves 2 amps - 1 radio, antenna reverse - crossover, PTT interlock & RX/TX
antenna distribution. Although prototype, it worked flawlessly during the whole
contest. All antenna work was done from Monday evening till Thursday and we
were amazed what ten guys, organized in three teams can accomplish. Disassembly
was done in a few hours. The team spirit and motivation was at high level during
the whole contest so all five operating positions were busy all the time.

Team presentation video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kKMCfVU6Oc&t=5s

Before the contest preparations video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVoFJ4M002Y

We erected:
Spiderbeam 1 on a 12m crank up tower - used by Run1 and Run2 on 20/15/10
Spiderbeam 2 on a 10m crank up tower - used by MULT
VDA for 20 - used by Inband1 or Inband2
VDA for 15 - used by Inband1 or Inband2
VDA for 10 - used by Inband1 or Inband2
4sq 40m Verticals- used by Run1 or MULT
2x 40m Verticals (dir NA) - used by Inband1
80m Vertical - used by Run2 or MULT
80m low dipole - used by Run2
160m INV-L - used by Run2 or MULT
Hi-Z 4 verticals receiving array used by Run2 and MULT
All the RunX, InbandX antennas could be switched over (crossover) between the
stations.

2x IC 7600
3x TS590S
2x OMPower 2500a
1x OMPower 2000+

“QSO generator” box made by S53CC, S53RM, S53WW and S51RM.
LP BPF filters S53MM design
HP BPF filters & Triplexers by 4O3A

The only thing that remains now is how to explain to our wives that we did
something good last week and that they should be happy as well :)

If you liked what we did please consider visiting our homepage at
https://qrz.com/db/tk0c and use “Send us a beer” donation button.

SH5: http://lea.hamradio.si/~s53zo/sh5/2016_cq-ww-cw_tk0c/

On behalf of TK0C 2016 team
Simon, S53ZO