[3830] CQWW CW K1KP M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, barockteer@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K1KP M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 13:58:46 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1KP
Operator(s): W1MJ K1PAD K1KP N1QD K1RX K1OA
Station: K1KP

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Andover, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:   18     7        8
   80:  258    20       83
   40:  616    31      111
   20: 1171    27      105
   15:  442    26       91
   10:   27     7       18
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Well, I thought I had a minimal schedule for the weekend, when about an hour
before the contest, I got a text from Mark K1RX. Seems his plans to operate a
single-band 20 fell through, and he was looking for a seat. I didn't think
twice but texted back inviting Mark to join us. With his help, we produced a
very respectable score, considering the very rough conditions this weekend. For
those who operated, the conditions were amazingly bad, almost as poor as the SSB
weekend. The only saving grace was CW's SNR advantage and ability to get through
when conditions are poor. I can recall being blown out of my chair and checking
the S-meter to see it was an amazingly loud S-2 European!

 Thanks to my great Guest Ops!