[3830] CQWW CW N8II SOAB Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N8II SOAB Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 18:48:38 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOAB Classic LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   14     5        8
   80:   58    11       31
   40:  125    19       62
   20:  604    28       94
   15:  183    20       67
   10:   21     9       10
------------------------------
Total:  907    92      272  Total Score = 1,018,472

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

It was no picky-nicy, disturbed conditions until 12Z Sunday in addition to the
low SFI. In March this year 10 meters was open to all of Europe Sunday in the
ARRl DX, in WW CW it was next to dead, no zone 9 except for a weak YV (did eek
out QSO with CN2). 10 was open to PY,CX,LU,CE,TI, and HP, got USA zones 3/4/5.
15 never seemed to open towards EU farther than the Mediterranean and western
EU.
That stream of bad protons from the sun finally subsided by 12Z Sunday in time
for a good 20 meter opening into EU. I worked a decent number of EU Russians,
only 3 AS Russians. I was able to run low in the band and it was just too good
to run up to 15 M before 16Z (made a couple of quick checks). 15 was about like
10 was last year. Saturday evening I felt like quitting, both 40 and 80 were
poor both Friday and Saturday nights, very difficult to get through. I SWL'ed
ZM, 9M8, A4, and HS0 on 40, 3B8 on 80, and many zone 33's on 160 still running
EU at a good clip at 02Z the 2nd night. The run on 20 Sunday saved a low score,
finally last 100 Q's over 100/hr.
  The unattended 2nd radio CQ's are getting totally out of control. It is VERY
ANNOYING/FRUSTRATING to be on the other end of your waste of spectrum. N6MJ can
handle it, most of the rest of you can't.
  Thanks for the QSO's. I am not sure I will be back for even 24 hours until
conditions improve, or I improve my low band antennas. If there was no classic
category, i would have fallen on my sword.