[3830] CQWW CW JA1BPA(@JG1ZUY) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, icko@yahoo.co.jp
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW JA1BPA(@JG1ZUY) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 00:15:07 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: JA1BPA
Operator(s): JM1LPN JG1VGX JA1BPA
Station: JG1ZUY

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Chiba, JAPAN
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   27    15       24
   80:  137    29       65
   40:  959    37      121
   20:  685    36      126
   15:  510    35       83
   10:   40    16       28
------------------------------

Club: University of Tokyo Contest Club

Comments:

**First November snow in the area since 1962, geo-magnetic storm,
but we enjoyed it!**

First of all, we were relieved that everyone made its muddy way
to the station after the surprise snowfall a few days before the
contest.

After a painful WW SSB weekend with geo-magnetic storm, when
the aurora affected JA1/7/8 northern Japan areas to the
advantage of JA3~6 southern Japan areas, we were hoping
that the propagation God would smile upon us this time.
Well, we should be reminded that "misfortune never comes singly."

10mb was totally dead, and 15mb was like 10mb earlier this year,
opening later, closing earlier.  Very few Zones 5 and 14 on 15mb.
40mb was the money band as usual, but Saturday was rather unstable.
Sunday was much better.

We are aware that the station needs better low band antennas, but
the space limitation makes it difficult.  Congratulations to those
M/S stations with rich antenna firms (JA7ZFN, JR5YCE and JA0QNJ)
for their enormous efforts to maintain their station.

My next serious contest effort will be Russian DX Contest in March.
A long winter will be ahead.

Happy holidays to all of you!

Best 73,

Icko, JA1BPA