[3830] CQWW CW M6T(@G0KPW) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dave@g4buo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW M6T(@G0KPW) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 13:26:32 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: M6T
Operator(s): G2NF G3WGN G4ADM G4BUO G4BWP G4FNL G4IIY G4PIQ G4TSH G0DVJ G0EGW
GI0RTN M0DXR
Station: G0KPW

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Suffolk, England
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160: 1245    19       90
   80: 2289    36      124
   40: 2870    39      157
   20: 2210    40      149
   15:  845    33      126
   10:  208    11       43
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

There have been single op, MS and M2 entries on CW from M6T but this was
the first time we've done multi-multi on CW. Just like 28 days ago,
conditions were very poor indeed. Our QSO total on 10m is only 40% of
the total we made a month ago on phone, and that was very poor!

On the plus side, everything worked well and with a highly experienced
team of operators we made the most of the very bad conditions.
Opportunities for passing mults were limited because often, the adjacent
band wasn't open! ZL7 on topband was probably the highlight, at the
other end we didn't work anything in the Caribbean on 10m all weekend,
and certainly no USA. We worked just one solitary JA on 15m, and only a
handful on 20.

Most of the team were able to stay behind on Monday to help take
everything down, aided by a superb breakfast cooked for us by Andrew
G4ADM. Thanks to Ian G4IIY who did the 6-hour drive all the way down
from Cumbria, and Dave G3WGN who opted to fly from Exeter to Norwich to
avoid a similar length car journey. Several others had 3-hour or longer
journeys to get to the station.

We learned a lot and feel we did as well as possible in the disturbed
conditions. Once again this entry was in memory of Bob G4BAH and we're
very sad he wasn't here to see the first CW multi-multi at the station
he built.

Dave G4BUO

All stations were K3+Acom 2000, with FT1000MP for receive. Logging with
Win-Test

160m: G2NF, GI0RTN, G0DVJ
145ft vertical, dipole up 90ft, 580ft beverage, K9AY, low dipole

80m: G3WGN, G4IIY
4-square array, dipole up 90ft, 580ft beverage

40m: G4PIQ, G4BWP
3el full size up 100ft, 402CD up 100ft, 580ft beverage

20m: G4BUO, M0DXR, G4FNL
Two 4el up 100ft

15m: G4TSH, GI0RTN
5el up 100ft, 5el up 60ft (stacked), Skyhawk tribander up 100ft

10m: G4FNL, G4BUO, G2NF
7el up 100ft, 5el up 80ft