[3830] CQWW CW OK6W(OK1MU) SOSB(A)/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OK6W(OK1MU) SOSB(A)/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 07:44:38 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OK6W
Operator(s): OK1MU
Station: OL7M

Class: SOSB(A)/80 HP
QTH: Policko
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:
   80: 2427    35      129
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2427    35      129  Total Score = 625,660

Club:

Comments:

Great contest and biiig fun. After previous years, when I was in the SOSB
15-20-40-160 category, this time I have decided to try SOSB 80m Ass. And it was
the right choice with great competiton this year on SOSB80m Ass.

The beginning of the contest was good and after the first 3 hours 440 QSOs were
in the log and direction to NA went well. Unfortunately, during the following
half-hour conditions towards NA rapidly deteriorated and stayed poor until the
end of the contest, ufff.  So, my basic predictions 500 x NA in the log
remained just a dream and I finally worked only 300 x NA, SRI… Luckily,
direction to  AS were excellent and worked 184 x JA and 98 x UA9. Also pleased
to work 18 x BY, 5 x HS, 5 x VK and via long path nice 5 x ZL and ZL7/W1XGI,
amazing.

During the contest, there were many wonderful moment �"  LP to ZL/ZL7,
nice pileups over 300, called by rare TX8F, ET3AA, 9M6XRO etc … BIG thanks,
guys!  Special thanks also to Thomas W8TK from AZ, who has called me during
daylight at 07.28 GMT  already on quite half-full band and  for me it was  only
one station from zone 3! Btw I did not hear any signal this weekend from North
America also via LP  ...

I used IC-7600, OM Power and Sloping dipoles 4SQ hybrid, antennas multibeaming
and Rx switching by www.QRO.cz and RemoteQTH.com , older SO1R design. For RX
used  BVRGs and K9AY.

My last big thanks send to Jan OK2ZAW for  his tremendous help with
preparations before the contest, despite the fact that on Saturday morning he
was leaving on vacation to Laos directly from QTH.

Congrats to Bela OM0M/OM8AW  and Vito S56M for nice results!

Thanks a lot for everybody who calling!

Pavel OK1MU/OK6W