[3830] CQWW CW V47T(N2NT) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, andyn2nt@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW V47T(N2NT) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 18:34:41 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: V47T
Operator(s): N2NT
Station: V47NT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ST. Kitts
Operating Time (hrs): 47
Radios: SO2R

  160:  355    11       56
   80:  853    24       82
   40: 2307    33      111
   20: 2225    34      104
   15: 2242    27      103
   10:  174    10       15
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Amazing competition in SOAB in the new 2 pileup category.
Thanks to KL9A and N6MJ for inspiring the practice, and bringing the contest to
a new level. The dual Morse Runner program by Chris 9A5K is a fantastic training
tool, remarkably the contest is just like it :)

I knew it was too good to be true that the station was ready on Wednesday.
Everything was working well, and it rained enough to where the line noise was
tolerable.
Practiced dual pileups for 3 days. New audio switch box was working perfectly.
I tried to sleep on Friday, but not really. Just laid down for a few hours,
never really fell off. Ate dinner and sat down 15 minutes before the contest.
I could only hear one radio. Checked all the cables etc. I started to panic.
0010z and no qsos. Looked for my old audio switch. No difference.
Almost quit, lots of screaming.
Then finally, I took the headphones off and voila... The insert into the Bose
QC2 that sets levels was loose. I must have stepped on the wire, and pulled it
out slightly. More screaming.
First QSO at 0025. I lost all motivation.

But my first hour was 347, by far my best ever. I felt better and carried on.
My observation is that it is easier to keep this sort of rate up with USA
stations, but EU etc is much harder due to unruly pileups. The station and QTH
is more optimized to working EU.

I knew I was way behind, but kept going. So I am very happy with the score.
ZF2MJ and TI5W are on another level.. Doubt I could ever match those numbers.
After 43 years of contesting, I have never seen this level of competition.

Hats off to all the guys.. CR3OO, NP4DX, 8P5A, and all the others,
Especially to Bud AA3B/V26K who made amazing numbers LP doing dual pileups.

Thanks to V44KAI and V44KBP, and V47JA for their great support on the island.
And K1DG/K1TO in October for the help with antennas which all paid off nicely.

See you next year!

73, Andy N2NT/V47T