[3830] CQWW CW HI3CC(NP4Z) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, np4zet@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW HI3CC(NP4Z) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:30:27 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: HI3CC
Operator(s): NP4Z
Station: HI3CC

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: HI
Operating Time (hrs): 42
Radios: SO2R

  160:   89     8       19
   80:  608    22       81
   40: 1396    29       93
   20: 1631    31      109
   15: 2142    26       92
   10:   29     7        8
------------------------------

Club: Loma del Toro  y Los Chachos

Comments:

Had  hectic work schedule and Would like to thank Tino HI3CC on a quick
accommodation on his beautiful station on the mountains in Santiago.

I made it late friday afternoon to the station, but Tino was quick to pull out
every single piece of the station out of boxes that he brought from the city..
Nothing can be left up there due to the high humidity.

The station was ready 30 minutes before the start, except the dual cq setup
that I couldn't get it to work like I had it in my qth, So I had some instances
that I could operate the dual pileup but it was hard due to the audios being all
together with sidetones.

The guys where working on a beverage that showed promise but still wasnt
helping with a very strange noise, that after the contest learned it was coming
from an inverter/swithching power supply, that noise made copying and signals
from europe on 160 almost impossible, I could hear the pile up from europe but
that ghoulish noise was too strong.

Things were cooking even as my power was limited to about 200w, it seems that
the solid state amps didn't like the sinewave being provided. turns out that I
never really needed more than that power to run comfortably the pile ups.

I must admit that I was on a relax mood and enjoyed every moment of the
contest, took too many breaks, I was just grateful that I had the chance to
operate the station since it was looking really bad and have such great host to
share the contest with.

La loma del Toro is an amazing and magical place, the Dominican group is full
of enthusiastic operators enjoying every aspect of ham radio and Im grateful to
have been invited there. Find more at http://www.lomadeltoro.com/

Thanks to all the operators that made this ww special,Congrats to Martin on a
great score from LU, as well as Paul in 6Y. Dan,Chris,jose,Andy and others for
inspiration and particularly the dozens of operators that came to have fun to
the caribbean and made the contest so much more entertaining to the guys in
less fortunate locations. The caribbean still has many islands that can be
activated and would love soon to see the same kind of high end MS and M2
competition as other parts of the world.

Gracias to all..

Felipe
NP4Z