[3830] CQWW CW IR4M M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ik4mgp@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW IR4M M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 08:03:22 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: IR4M
Operator(s): I4EWH I4FYF I4IFL IK3QAR IK4DCW IK4HVR IK4MGP IK7JWY IN3FHE IV3AZV
IZ4ZZB
Station: IR4M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MonteCodruzzo
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  117    23       92
   80:  715    33      125
   40: 2521    40      160
   20: 2362    39      148
   15:  865    37      134
   10:   53    14       43
------------------------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Before talking about our contest, let's say that WRTC qualifications are finally
over!
During the last two years they caused many Multi-op stations to quit their
participation in favor of SO, due to lower weight assigned to MS. We really
hope that next organizers will think about this aspect and choose criteria like
it was in USA 2014 (MS  weight 1.0 and up to six scores as MS allowable).
After all, WRTC is a multi-op competition, isn't it?

A few days before the contest, the lower antenna of 15m stack fell down due to
high winds. A quick recover was not possible, so we stick with the single upper
yagi on that band for the whole weekend. Luckily enough, this was the only
problem, and everything else worked flawlessly.
High bands condition were awful, as expected, with 10m almost closed all the
time.
Low bands very changing, with outstanding openings (worked 5W1SA, AH2R, AH0K on
80m early Saturday afternoon with the sun still high) and moments where only EU
can be heard.
Last hours of the contest, as other have said, were really fun, with both JA
and USA worked simultaneously on 40m, really nice!
Nice competition on CQContest, with (finally) lots of world top stations
showing up (CN2AA, EF8R, ED8X) but also with EU stations such ad OM7M, II9P,
OM8A e 9A1P on-line since the beginning. That was fun!
Congratulations to our friends at OM7M for their result and for the outstanding
multipliers figures, really hard to arrive, and to all other teams who made the
challenge on CQcontest even more fun... We really hope that participation will
further improve next years.
The team is now stabilized with a new young and good operator, Michele IZ4ZZB,
at its first CW experience from a MS team in this contest. Well done Michele!
Thanks to the Master Chef Paolo I4EWH and to Walter I4KLY and Claudio IK4DCW
for their technical support, now let's celebrate holidays with families, and
see you in ARRL DX CW next year!

6 bands QSO: D4C, ER4A, ES9C, IB9T, LX7I, TK0C, UA2F, ZD8W