[3830] ARRL 160 KA1J Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KA1J Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2016 18:14:28 +0000
ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KA1J
Operator(s): KA1J
Station: KA1J

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 507  Sections = 71  Countries = 14  Total Score = 74,550

Club:

Comments:

Rig K3S,
Antennas: Sloper shot by spud gun over trees.
Antenna wire is WD-1A Surplus telephone wire.

Always enjoy 160, each year the conditions are so different. Antenna is a
sloper over treetops and Rx ant is a HI-Z 6 element Pro in poor soil but works
well to lower QRM.

Had an unexpected problem with Dupes come up three times during the contest.
Once for me when one operator told me the Q was a dupe. I did not have him or
any call close to his in my log. The other two times, Dupe came on my screen.
This fellow seemed perturbed but I had his call in my log from the night
before. Odd, I rarely get Dupes any more, now that I exclusively use N1MM+ for
logging.

Eternal problem is AMTRAK and their RFI from the overhead power lines 100'
away. Always some arcing but the majority of trains run right around Grayline.
Must relocate...

As always, the real workers in this contest are the ones who fight to copy a
QRP signal on Topband. I missed at least 10 DX/new sections, with folks who
couldn't get my section or couldn't hear me confirm they had my call correct.
Part of the game, they needed to get back to their score, totally
understandable.

See you in the next one, God willing.

73,

Gary