[3830] ARRL 160 KI0I SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KI0I SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2016 18:21:54 +0000
ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KI0I
Operator(s): KI0I
Station: KI0I

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 12:47

Total:  QSOs = 603  Sections = 76  Countries = 11  Total Score = 108,054

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

A fun weekend on top band, the band of greater expectations. I read posts and
anyone who says they have every thing they want in a 160 antenna system must
not be telling the truth. It may be that we always think we could/should do
better. I know that's the case with my Pork n Bean setup. I had gathered
goodies all year to lay down a reversible BOG and the parts are laying in the
garage, not helping in this test with a great deal of QRN. HIHI
I was pleased with some calls from DX only running 100w.
I had a good copy on EA6 and EA1 but not enough steam to raise their
attention.
And that's why we're never done building the top band antenna farm.
Great fun, hope the band plays well in the CQ160 and the best test of them all
, The Top Band Distance challenge, where the playing field is as even as it can
get.
Icom PRO3 100w to a bazooka fed coax inv L up 55'- 530' unterminated Bev and a
K9AY loop looking NE- N1MM+ and Begali to say HI
Thanks 73 Mark KI0I