[3830] ARRL 160 HC2AO SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 HC2AO SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2016 19:18:43 +0000
ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: HC2AO
Operator(s): HC2AO
Station: HC2AO

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: South America
Operating Time (hrs): 11.5 h

Total:  QSOs = 156  Sections = 60  Countries = 0  Total Score = 18,720

Club:

Comments:

Hello brethren,

What a waste of time! On the first day I thought, well today NA will have most
of other NA worked and tomorrow they will listen more carefully for DX. Little
did I know. The second day ws even worse. It was easy to log the usual 100+
bunch of regular contesters with their fine setups but then I felt like benging
my head against a concrete wall - s9+20 station would even not acknowledge my
presence with a question mark sent. What was wrong in NM? Did you have major
QRN issues? AA5B, K7IA, W7DXX all loud but all in haste, all in rush to CQ for
loud ones. That goes for many others as well. One out 10 would reply. A lot of
impatient operators this time. On the other hand my gratitude to NX6T who was
trying to pull together my call for good 5 minutes bearing with my peanut
signals. HC1AO? no? HC2AQ? no? Well, we didn't work but it was great to witness
such a dedication. Thanks to all with great ears and smarts to listen to South
once in a while!

CU in Stew Perry and CQ WW 160

80 watts
a qurterwave vertical (almost vertical) in salt water