[3830] ARRL 160 K9MMS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9MMS@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K9MMS Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2016 20:06:52 +0000
ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 21.6

Total:  QSOs = 885  Sections = 78  Countries = 9  Total Score = 157,383

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

WinTest logging program locked up many times.  (Upgraded to a new version a
couple of weeks ago.)  This never happened before using WinTest since 2009.
Had to do many restarts.  This caused some lost op time.  Sorry for some of the
delays in replies due to that.

Good rates the first evening, but very slow going on the second night.
(Typical of this contest.)  Took a break too early Friday night, and that
probably cost me reaching the 1000 QSO level.  (A goal not yet reached for me
in this event.)  At the end of the first night, had logged 605 QSOs, 75
sections, and 8 DX.  Only one new country found and worked the second night.
CQ runs and S&P were very slow on Saturday.

Sections missed: LAX, SB, AK, NL, and YT.  Never heard them.  Not much DX
heard, and only heard/worked 3 EU stations.  (Only worked 14 DX entities, plus
4 VI stations and one PR.)  About 2 weeks ago, one night was like a pipeline to
EU on 160.  EU signals were plentiful and loud, so decided to call CQ DX.  Had a
fun time with a CQ run on 160 for about 1.75 hours with multiple EU stations
calling after many of the QSOs.  Unfortunately, for CQ WW DX CW, EU was a
closed door, and nearly the same for this one -- at least at my QTH.  I use
multiple, short receiving antennas which bring the usual S6, or higher noise
(on inverted L) down to about S1-3, depending, but I just was not hearing EU in
this one.

Thanks for the QSOs.  160 CW is "Tops" for radio fun.
73,
   Gary . K9MMS