[3830] ARRL 160 W4PK SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4pk@w4pk.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W4PK SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2016 22:23:57 +0000
ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 13:18

Total:  QSOs = 804  Sections = 76  Countries = 26  Total Score = 174,420

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I did better this year than I did the past couple of years, but not as well as I
did back in 2009.  That was my personal best with 1013 Q's and a score of
232832.  Also I managed to work 38 countries that year.  But I do remember
staying up much later both nights that year.  I am getting too old to do that
these days, but I am still having fun!

Conditions to Europe were fair this year but even with two phased 1100-foot
Beverages in that direction I struggled copying many who had called me. I never
even heard any station on from Asia even though I was up at sunrise both
mornings.

I missed WY, EB, LAX and WTX in the U.S., and MB, NL and NT in Canada.

About two-thirds of my Q's were made by running and most of my country contacts
were made this way.  There were several countries spotted in the lower portion
of the band but they were all covered up by U.S. stations that were CQing
nearby.  I found it best to go  up to around 1845 to 1870 to find a clear spot
to run.

Thanks for all the Q's, and for your patience when I had to send
"AGN" while I selected a Beverage I could hear you on!

73, Sam W4PK