[3830] ARRL 160 K9IG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, greg@k9ig.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K9IG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 01:15:46 +0000
ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K9IG
Operator(s): K9IG
Station: K9IG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 22:43
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 1230  Sections = 80  Countries = 10  Total Score = 224,370

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

My goal was 1350 x 100, I missed it, but that's OK.  Right out of the start, I
go to grab my Heil Proset and put it on to find that there was no audio from
the right earpiece. The switch was broken and hanging......no clue. Only
headphones I could find were earbuds.....from my 6 year old's iPad - not ideal
but they worked :)

Mults were down from times past. First night was a CQ fest. Atmospheric noise
was low and I was able to sit on a frequency for hours with no issues. On
Saturday morning when I stopped I had 918 Qs in the log. I had also not even
heard a European.

Saturday night here was total QRN. I sat at the radio around 5pm local and
really worked for what little I got up to midnight. At that point the noise was
so bad my head hurt so I took a long nap. I did manage some EU stations. As for
sections, I missed NL ,NT and NNY, got the rest with KL7 being my last.
I did a lot of hunting on second radio while CQing, not a lot of Q's but it
helped keep me awake.

73/Greg
K9IG