[3830] ARRL 160 K8BL SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8bl@ameritech.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K8BL SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 20:46:14 +0000
ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K8BL
Operator(s): K8BL
Station: K8BL

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 16

Total:  QSOs = 926  Sections = 74  Countries = 12  Total Score = 163,400

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

First night had 600 Q's. The second night almost HALF in the same number
of hours. Must have worked most of the active stations the first night or
less folks showed up to work the second night.

Had about 100 less Q's than last year and working outside NA was difficult
so my mult count was way down. Few EU's and no AK/HI. Was vexed by a frying
noise at S5 much of Sat night. The Pixel Loop ant helped a lot.

My first Contest since knee surgery since I couldn't manage the stairs to
the shack in the basement. Also, couldn't sit for more than an hour without
taking a 10 minute break to exercise the leg. (Whine-Whine!!)

Good to work a lot of friends and recognize each other by name. Working
folks that are still Contesting and in the Log from many decades ago is
always a nice feeling - some from over 50 years ago!!

Working condx: IC-7700, Inv.Vee Bazooka Feed 25M Vert & 15M Horiz
(approx.),
  Pixel 400 active loop rotatable, old Dell XP & old CT-Win, No-Doz tablets