[3830] ARRL 10 EI2CN SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, turnbull@net1.ie
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 EI2CN SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 19:50:53 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: EI2CN
Operator(s): EI2CN
Station: EI2CN

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: Ireland
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

   CW:  135    30
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  135    30  Total Score = 16,200

Club: Grande County Louth DX Alliance

Comments:

Dear OMs and YLs,
     Well this was a tough one.   Conditions were "stinko".    I know
some Qs are busted because of inaccurate serial numbers being recorded - talk
about listening into the noise.   Sometimes one character of an exchange would
jump up to s9 causing ear problems and then it was down into the mud where my
ESP powers were called upon.

      Those of us in Northern climes are at a disadvantage and I can only
sympathize with our Nordic cousins in places like Lulu.   They are tough people
up there.   The place to be is EA8 or maybe VP2 land though I never heard a
Caribbean station in this contest.

       Most of my QSOs were with Europe and I bet that 5% of my QSOs are with
EI.   The UK was a big help as was DL land though these QSOs were normally also
a struggle.   No JA, two Florida Stations and amazingly a Nova Scotia Station
made the path on Sunday.   My western hemisphere Qs were for the most part with
the extremes of South America - the North South Path was best.   About four ZS
stations made it or should I better say I managed to work them.   Scandinavia
was hard to find and most of Europe is not in my log.

       Oh well the Stew Perry is next week and even if I do not last the night,
there is good reason to think that 160M will provide a better score.    Sure
hate losing ten meters but I perversely like Top Band.   The propagation of
1958 will not be seen again in my life.

       Thank you all, I enjoyed this casual effort despite the small number of
Qs.   Good thing it did not involve staying up the night.

Gear:
K3, P3
Acom 2000A at 1500 W allowed in EI for contesting
4 el SteppIR Yagi at 24M or 80 feet.

WinTest and MicroKeyer II