[3830] ARRL 10 K5YAA SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g.j.jerry.chouinard@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K5YAA SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 23:50:43 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 9

   CW:  338    59
  SSB:  291    43
-------------------
Total:  629   102  Total Score = 197,628

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

Between CW and SSB still missed NE, AL, LA, MS, ID, OR, UT, AK and what? WI.
Only ON and QC worked in Canada. No Region stations heard. Saturday was
gangbusters with runs that created a score greater than last year's in just a
few hours.

I understand I had a spur being created. Thanks to the folks who notified me.
Using a K3 and Alpha I have to attribute the spurious action to the way the
antenna is being fed with a rather hokey run of coax and a barrel connector.
Everything was GREEN on the Alpha and only 25 watts out of the K3.

VA NJ NY PA and MD I bet make up half the Qs. Huge signals on Saturday from the
Northeast. Caribbean and South America reliable at most all times. Sunday
produced KH6, some ZLs and a couple of VKs. 9J2HN calling in was nice during a
Saturday run.

Thanks for all the QSOs and who says ten is dead?

73 - Jerry K5YAA
Rig: K3, Alpha 9500 and an 8el Force beam up 60' which, on Sunday didn't seem
to care which way it was pointing.