[3830] ARRL 10 VE9AA SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE9AA SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 00:12:29 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 4:31
Radios: SO2R

   CW:  147    42
  SSB:   15    11
-------------------
Total:  162    53  Total Score = 32,754

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Judging from some early 3830 reports, it was the tale of 2 days and I picked the
wrong day to operate !

Although this was far from serious, if I had to describe the condx as
deplorable, I would be giving them a compliment, though Sunday did have a
couple highlights.

I only operated Sunday, so have no idea what Friday and Saturday were like.
I noticed partway through the first hour I had the cluster running, but in all
honesty I don't know if I could even attribute one mult or even Q to the
assistance of a full bandmap as I cold rarely ever hear any of them. I am
submitting as (A)...

Fairly early Sunday morning, I was running 40wpm meteor scatter into New
England and out of the blue comes V51YJ and surprises the heck out of me.  WOW!
Where did you come from?  Antenna was frozen due south at that time (did get it
unstuck later on)

Right at the bell with maybe 2-3 minutes left I finally got the attention of
K1GQ, Bill in NH, who I had been calling on my 2nd VFO off and on for an hour.
There was just enough of an underdense meteor that elevated the signals enough
to make it.  I know he has good ears, so all it took was another 3dB - well
done Bill !

A very short Es session in w2,3,4 after dark Sunday which slowly fizzled out,
but probably accounted for nearly 1/4-1/3rd of all my Q's.

Wish I had had the radio on Saturday.  No EU, 1 Af, a smattering of Carib &
SA, no PAcific (not even the big Hawaiins) and no VK/ZL, no JA., no nuttin
beyond 1 F2 hop except V51YJ(and a couple LU's that were vy vy weak--Es
assisted?).

3 short years ago I had 2.23M pts in this contest with thousands of Q's and
that was with only 24hrs of operation.  I wrote a Xmas story in that 3830
report. (I won't repeat it here, but for those so inclined for a chuckle....
http://www.3830scores.com/showrumor.php?arg=BtaLz5ffacgf4

At least it was very very quiet, much like a 6m VHF contest this Sunday.,

See you all in the big Stew next weekend !

Mike VE9AA 2 X 7410's, ~600w,. A3S and ZS6BKW, N1MM+, N3ZN ZN-9DX paddle