[3830] ARRL 10 K7JR M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K7JR M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 04:32:19 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K7JR
Operator(s): NK7U K7ZS K7ZO
Station: K7JR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs):
Remote Operation

   CW:  127    46
  SSB:  195    32
-------------------
Total:  322    78  Total Score = 69,888

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

A tale of two days. Saturday we were blessed with a couple hours of conditions
way better than expected. Most of our SSB QSOs were made in a wonderful opening
from 1800-1900 UTC. That in itself was typical of 10 meters at this point in the
solar cycle. The QSOs came largely from W4 and W0 call areas with a few 1, 5,
and 7's thrown in. Not a single qso was made in the 2, 3, 8, or 9 call areas
during that hour. (Nor as it turns out on SSB in the whole weekend.)

Sunday the band never really opened at all for us anywhere. We had only 3 SSB
QSOs on Sunday. The rest were on CW as a result of finding brief openings or
calling endless CQ's and having a station call in every 5 minutes or so. If it
was not possible to watch football and call CQ at the same time we would have
thrown in the towel much earlier than we did.

Scott/K7ZO for the Snake River Remote Contesters Club