[3830] ARRL 10 W7TVC(@WS7L) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W7TVC(@WS7L) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 05:40:26 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W7TVC
Operator(s): WS7L KD7VIK W6ABM
Station: WS7L

Class: M/S LP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   CW:  215    46
  SSB:  152    44
-------------------
Total:  367    90  Total Score = 104,760

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Propagation was unpredictable, exhilarating part of the time Saturday and
aggravating all day Sunday. Often short-skip and long-skip at the same time
happened on Saturday. We're not used to hearing Idaho booming in like that.

Worked about 60 the first evening, all west coast. Even logged a few as late as
0530Z. Saturday was pretty good and brought the total up over 300 Q's. We were
pleased with many of the reports on SSB in the morning -- we were the first OR
for a few, and one well known big gun commented that we were the first station
they'd heard in the far west. So the station is working OK.

Then came the Sunday Slog, only about 50 Q's all day. Propagation seemed mostly
poor but we added several SA and Pacific DX mults, and every time we checked the
bottom of the CW band, there was CW5W banging away. So something was happening
up in the ionosphere but it wasn't bringing us much stateside business. Judging
by the lonesome CQ's we were hearing from other locals, we were not alone in
that.

Taken as a whole, it was a lot better than we expected after the band's
performance in CQWW.

73 and thanks to all
Tualatin Valley Contesters, W7TVC
K3 & SteppIR DB-18 at 65 feet.