[3830] ARRL 10 WN4AFP SO CW Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, daveedmo@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 WN4AFP SO CW Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 15:56:37 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: SO CW Unlimited LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 6

   CW:  102    31
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  102    31  Total Score = 12,648

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

I cut my radio-teeth on 10m back in the 1970's and it's an amazing band! This is
a contest that's not about QSO rate but about patience and endurance. There's no
other band I've worked that offers the quick propagation twists and turns like
this band. There were many 'burst' openings from a few mins to a couple of
hours. When the band sounded dead, I kept running up and down the CW band
looking for one more Q. Several of the openings were to specific states instead
of large regions including IL, MN, WI and CA. At 2330z I heard a very faint
VE9AA calling CQ. He heard my response. During the next 20 mins, I worked
several NH and ME stations. Some may say that the band conditions were lousy,
but I contend that the 10m conditions were amazing... You just had to be on at
the right time. I ran an IC-751 at 50 watts to a G5RV Jr at 5'. Thanks to all
who pulled me out of the noise. 73's Dave WN4AFP