[3830] ARRL 10 WC1M SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wc1m73@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 WC1M SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 16:14:19 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WC1M
Operator(s): WC1M
Station: WC1M

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 3.75

   CW:  129    49
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  129    49  Total Score = 25,284

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Played around with my new SDR setup for a few hours. CW Skimmer sure does a
great job pulling calls out of the ether. Never heard any EU, but wasn't on
early enough in the AMs to know if the band ever opened in that direction.
Decent propagation to as far as the west coast on Saturday, but not much past
the east coast on Sunday. Lots of "spotlighting", with certain states
coming in at various times. Most of the DX was SA, with a few Caribbean
stations.

One technical problem: My house is about 200 ft south of the big tower, so the
antennas transmit right at it when beaming south. When I transmitted at high
power, it tripped the circuit breaker for my entertainment center. Probably
never noticed it because I have a C3E on a tower south of the house that I
normally use to for south mults, and it transmits away from the house. Have no
idea how 10m RF could blow a circuit breaker.