[3830] CWopsT NO5W(@W5GAD) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT NO5W(@W5GAD) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 14:38:15 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Dec 14

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: W5GAD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   64
   20:   47
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  111  Mults = 90  Total Score = 9,990

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

K3/100, Steppir 3el @55ft, Windom @55ft, CQ/X 1.8.0.13

A super session and I think my best ever. With one minute to go I needed one
more Q to break 10K but could not find it. It was a session that almost did not
happen. No snow down here in New Orleans but lots of fog and dampness.
Underneath the big oaks as I walked the half mile into the park it was like a
real rain with them dripping from rain the previous day and all of that fog.
Fortunately I had brought a big bath towel to wrap the K3 in -- I need to get
one of the Rose carrying cases for the radio.

40m was an almost bottomless well of callers and 20 started slow but eventually
got to the same level -- if only there had been one more caller, or perhaps the
operator should have done a little S&P.

One of the big thrills for me was being called by VY1AAA (thanks Rich). I have
rarely, if ever, been able to work NT in SS so at least now I know that it can
be done from this station!

These CWTs are a real hoot and one of the highlights of my week, even when it
involves a half mile hike into the station through the rain forest and fog. I
hope everyone else enjoys them tool

Thanks for the Qs. I hope to be back for the 1900z session.

73/Chuck/NO5W