[3830] RAC Winter WB0TEV SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter WB0TEV SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 03:04:17 +0000
RAC Winter Contest

Call: WB0TEV
Operator(s): WB0TEV
Station: WB0TEV

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 14:43

  160:          14                 4
   80:         113                 9
   40:         236                 9
   20:         360                11
   15:          31                 5
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:   0     754       0        38  Total Score = 174,724

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

TS590SG, old Dentron MLA-2500, PRO67B at 63 feet, 40m vertical with 24 radials,
80 inverted Vee at 55 feet situated 50 miles NE of Dallas, Texas.

Given the favorable geographical disposition, the RAC contests are always fun
from down here in Texas.  I had some nice long runs on 20m and 40m. I think I
was on 14167 for 3-1/2 hours straight Saturday AM with occasional quick QSY's
to snag other callers.

Conditions were of course down from previous years.  10m was kaput, I never was
successful in moving anyone there.  40m had lots of weak signals and just flaky
propagation it seemed. In order to get the number of 15 mults and Q's I did,
late morning and early afternoon I resorted to advertising that I would be on
21.253 at the top of the next hour and invited those I worked on 20m to look
for me then.  A number of folks showed up for those 15m skeds that way.  Friday
night I managed to move a few from 80m to 160m and as a result managed to get
AB, MB, QC and SK on top band.

Special kudos to VE2BWL who worked me on all bands from 160-15m.  Only mult
unworked on any band was NU.  I thought for sure I was going to get skunked by
PE also until VY2RU called in on my 40m run a little before 2052.

Got 3 YT's (VY1RAC, VY1KX and VY1AAA) all on 20m, and VE8RAC on 20 from NT.
Mult report:
AB: 160-15
BC: 80-15
MB: 160-20
NB: 80-20
NL: 80 and 20
NS: 80-15
NT: 20 only
NU: None of it!
ON: 80-15
PE: 40 only
QC: 160-15
SK: 160-20
YT: 20 only

Hope to be on again for the Canada Day contest July 1 2017.

73,
Victor - WB0TEV