[3830] RAC Winter VE4JBB(@VE4EA) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve4ea@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE4JBB(@VE4EA) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 03:45:09 +0000
RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE4JBB
Operator(s): VE4DLA VE4VJC VE4JBB VE4EA
Station: VE4EA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WINNIPEG
Operating Time (hrs): 14.6

  160:
   80:   46      3       7         3
   40:   84    176       9         8
   20:  116    129      10         6
   15:
   10:           1                 1
    6:
    2:
Total:  246    309      26        18  Total Score = 126,368

Club:

Comments:

This was a first ever RadioSport event for most of the "Discover the HF
Experience "(DHFE) Team.  The objective was to put the operating skills
and CW training that we learned in our weekly group sessions into practice in a
friendly, non-threatening contest.

Considering that we only made 66 QSO's the first night (all CW),  we are
satisfied with our final score.  We would've been happier if the 160m antenna
had been available to us.

Band condx on Saturday were quite good.  It was hard to work VE's with all the
Europeans calling us; rich peoples problems, hi  In the end though, we were
pleased with the level of VE activity.  It was a great turnout.

Congratulations to the VY1AAA Remote team for an excellent showing from the far
north.

Watch for more great things from the Manitoba DHFE Team in years to come as the
group gels and expands!

73, Cary VE4EA

K3, KPA500, TH-7 and wire
N1MM Logger Plus (solid as a rock, as always (network mode).