[3830] TBDC N9TF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC N9TF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 14:25:18 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 150  Total Score = 625

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Band got pretty noisy Saturday when the snow started falling. Usually my noise
floor on 160 rests at -95DBm. But for most of Saturday night the floor was at
-80DBm with occasional static crashes. Quieted down after midnight. There were
some very strong west coast stations worked from this QTH late Saturday night
early Sunday morning. The first 9 pointer in my log was appropriately, K7RAT
Boring Amateur Radio Club Station, at 0359UTC. Then not quite an hour later,
W7EW was in the log. From then on the west coast stations started lighting up.
I worked a total of 12 9 pointers along the west coast.
Also worked 2 DX P4 and KV4 for my only two 12 pointers. Bettered my score from
last year by 24, before log checking. Worked 95 grids, which is 22 more than
last year. All S&P, working all heard and searching for the distant
stations.
Always a lot of fun. Thanks for all the Q's!
Operating conditions, K3S/P3 100 watts to a single wire TX/RX W8AMZ short half
sloper at 35' apex, sloping to 2' above ground aimed to 60 degrees.

73 Gene, N9TF