[3830] RAC Winter VE7JH(VE7UF) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE7JH(VE7UF) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 14:39:25 +0000
RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE7JH
Operator(s): VE7UF
Station: VE7UF

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  359    320      11        10
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:  359    320      11        10  Total Score = 58,380

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Big thanks to Duane, VE7UF who let me use his station again this year.
The original plan was to run two SB stations on 160m and on 40m but it quickly
went out the window.
160m was plagued by a terrible new local noise source that will require some
detective work to track down.
40m started out great with a 100 QSO first hour, but then quickly deteriorated
and I could hear nothing to the East till early morning. Worked all the W5/6/7
stations I could find but that doesn't do much good for the score. Ended up
with 246/10 CW, 33/8 SSB (23,544 points)on 40m for the checklog.
After sunrise I turned on 20m and had a ball running alternately on CW and SSB
while trying to find mults. Only a handful of EU and JA here on Vancouver
Island, but plenty of activity from South of the border. Many a weak Eastern
Canadian came through who seemed to be quite delighted to get BC and of course
it's always great fun to talk to the Maritimes and the VO1's for a true
coast-to-coast contact.
I hope everyone had fun, see you all in 2017!