[3830] RAC Winter VE3CV SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jwilson@tcc.on.ca
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE3CV SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 19:54:55 +0000
RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: EN93el
Operating Time (hrs): 3

  160:
   80:    5              3
   40:   10              5
   20:    6     11       3         6
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:   21     11      11         6  Total Score = 4,964

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Tried on Friday night, but either the local snow storm or condition made it next
ti impossible to make CW Q's on 40 or 80, so only spend an hour.

Well, my lowest score ever, but not to worry.  On Saturday I was demonstrating
contesting to my Contester-to-be Chris who hopes to write his test in January.
So demos on N1MM logger, doing S&P and Running on SSB.  But we spent more
time talking and had a few DX ragchews on 20m with some nice Irish and Italian
hams who had encouraging words for Chris and the wonders of this hobby!  Thanks
to James, VE3TPZ (VA3WR) for stopping by during the demo to add to the ham
fellowship event.  Anyway,I was well rested for the Stew Perry TBDXC all
nighter!
73
Jeff VE3CV

Station:
Yaesu FT-1000MP (1995) with Inrad 250Hz CW and Roofing Filters
TX Antennas:
5 Band DXE Hexxbeam for 20 to 10m  at 45ft
GAP DX Voyager Vertical for 160-80-40-20  (main 40 antenna)
80m full wave delta loop for 40 and 80 CW
80m doublet for 80m and 160m used as Top-loaded vertical at 50ft.  14 radials.

RX Antennas:
Temporary 600ft Beverages for NE, NW, S
200ft BOGs for W and E
PA0RDT Active Antenna build on VE3FEX board at 40ft.

N1MM Logger