[3830] TBDC WB8RFB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb8rfb@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC WB8RFB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 23:23:47 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: WB8RFB
Operator(s): WB8RFB
Station: WB8RFB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 1.4

Total:  QSOs = 15  Total Score = 40

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Snowstorm dumped nearly ten inches of snow on this QTH and made conditions tough
here. Just having a 135' random wire 8' off the ground didn't improve the rate
either. This was a late effort to get a signal on the air so after nothing else
worked, I installed a Palstar HF-Auto Tuner to get the wire to radiate but it
was still tough sledding all Saturday evening with QSB and QRN from the storm
making repeats necessary. Had to go outside and shovel and use the snow blower
twice on Saturday and was pretty tired after that.  Was in the rack by 2330
local and didn't even get back on Sunday as there was more snow removal to do
this morning.  My kingdom for a decent antenna and enough room to put it up!