[3830] RAC Winter VE7XF SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE7XF SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 05:20:13 +0000
RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: CN79
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:   61     0        6         0
   80:   94     0        8         0
   40:  104     0        8         0
   20:  251     0       12         0
   15:   55     0        3         0
   10:    0     0        0         0
    6:    0     0        0         0
    2:    0     0        0         0
Total:  565     0       37         0  Total Score = 98,930

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

A pretty quiet year, overall. Many more W than VE heard/worked.
I heard/saw nothing on 10m. 15m was good for a few mults, that's all.
20m was the best band, in spite of the lack of activity, relatively speaking.
Since my move to a smaller town, my low band QRN/QRM problems are much reduced
- 80m and 160m are now useable, and I am satisfied with my results there.
Had I wanted a bigger score, I would have spent more BIC time.

A big surprise was hearing Europe on 40m at high noon! Maybe we are already at
the bottom of the cycle. I can hardly wait to get some gain on 40m
(next spring, when the tower(s) go up).

Ralph, VE7XF

K3, Acom 1000, 260' doublet at 75' for all bands.