[3830] RTTY Roundup N1CC SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N1CC SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2017 23:59:32 +0000
ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
   80:   45
   40:   34
   20:  230
   15:   74
   10:   17
------------
Total:  400  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 16  Total Score = 26,800

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Station: Elecraft K3 running 50W in RTTY mode only.  F12 C3 @64', 40 Meter used
160M Inverted L with 16 elevated radials, and80 Meter Dipole at 50'.  WriteLog
V12.09F, Packet Cluster, and RBN monitor of N1CC signal.

Conditions were pretty good, as the low of a Cycle seems to be at hand.  10
Meters worth over twice the contacts as last year.  Overall 59% increase in
contacts, in fewer hours with 20 Meters the best band.

I did a little more homework and discovered the K3 has an elegant "Dual
Passband" choice that gives you 50 Hz wide windows at the Mark and Space
frequencies!  Shazam, no QRM unless someone plunked down on top you or within
20 Hz or so.  When that happened most of the "interlopers" got the
message to move off somewhere else.  One galoot didn't and his contacts were
deleted from the log, and he is on my permanent blacklist.  (Sorry to offend
him!) Now I have a tool ... at lease for RTTY to deal with the Big Guns dumping
on me.  Now if I can find a way on CW and SSB ... sorta doubtful, I might be
able to operate and not be shoved out of the bay of the Big Guns.

I ran 90% of my time, did a little S&P for new ones... and ended up missing
NM, ND and DC for the US multipliers.  Never heard MB or NT/YU and the Atlantic
coast VE brethren. DX was sparse, with some neat EU and JA contacts on 40M in
the bag.  With a few exceptions, if I could print the DX I could work them!

Nice contest, perhaps next year I'll be able to put in more time!