[3830] RTTY Roundup N5XZ SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5xz@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N5XZ SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 02:03:45 +0000
ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N5XZ
Operator(s): N5XZ
Station: N5XZ

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 14:40

------------
   80:  258
   40:  200
   20:  442
   15:   94
   10:    6
------------
Total: 1000  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 60  Total Score = 115,000

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

I started out with a goal of 500 QSO's, but that came too quickly so I upped it
to 1000. That's where I stopped. Band conditions on 80, 40 and 20 were pretty
good, and I had my best runs on 80, it was really exciting at times. I had what
appeared to be a relay sticking problem with my micro Keyer II at the beginning,
but it seemed to go away after a while.
I really enjoy RTTY contesting, but I don't get the long exchanges. I don't
need to know what my call is, I don't need you to answer me with my call de,
etc. and multiple repeated exchanges. And I don't get the time delays before a
response. It's not like CW where things are much more fast paced. I guess I
just don't have patience, I admit it.

Rig: K3/P3
Amp: Alpha 78
Ant: 4-el SteppIR @ 75 ft with rotary dipole for 40