[3830] RTTY Roundup K6UFO(@W6YX) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K6UFO(@W6YX) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 02:48:19 +0000
ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K6UFO
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: W6YX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 14

------------
   80:
   40:  109
   20:  485
   15:  346
   10:   65
------------
Total: 1005  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 32  Total Score = 85,425

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Last year Stanford University fielded three big scores, this year I was the only

middling-size one.  Big rain storms made the drive to and from the shack a slow

process and cut into operating time. The storms also caused two power outages
on Sunday, cut the wireless internet connection most of the time, and caused
all
the loose connections and power lines to act up. Noise floor rose from a normal

S3 to over S9 at times. Sorry if I couldn't hear you. All I could do was try
another
band and antenna. When I had spots, I checked for a few Europeans, but no
good.
This was a USA contest from here in California. Also, one antenna that should
rotate didn't, and antennas that did rotate had a tough time in the high wind,
I tried
to leave them alone as much as possible. It helped that I had to scoot down the
aisle
and hold the rotation switches until rotation completed, then scoot back to
maybe
see and work the DX. Despite all the troubles, I'm pleased to make 1,000 QSOs
and it was nice to print all the familiar callsigns.  Thanks,

K6UFO (at W6YX Stanford University Amateur Radio Club)