[3830] RTTY Roundup W0LSD SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, diverkene@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W0LSD SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 17:37:36 +0000
ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W0LSD
Operator(s): W0LSD
Station: W0LSD

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  367
   40:  614
   20:  665
   15:  258
   10:   80
------------
Total: 1984  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 61  Total Score = 232,128

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

When the Solar numbers are where they are, there is never a dull moment. I had a
3rd 10 meter networked rig available to check for openings and on Sunday decided
to call CQ when 15 was not producing a good rate. When WB0N from MN came back, I
wondered if we had another rogue E opening coming? I started a run and 80 Qs
later it slowed to a crawl, but remained open. Even though this is pretty much
a domestic contest, you need one Q from DX countries for mults. I spent the
week before the contest trying to figure how I was going to work EU. No
solution, as 20 and 40 had very minuscule openings with very weak signals. I
had 16 fewer mults this year and that dings the score pretty good. Since 15 did
not open till very late in the AM, it was good to see guys remaining on 40. All
part of the adjustment when conditions are not what you are accustomed to. If
the absorption over the pole remains, this is  going to be a tough solar
minimum for western oontestors. Thanks to all for the Qs and as they say
"get used to it".