[3830] RTTY Roundup OL7M M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup OL7M M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 09:32:17 +0000
ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: OL7M
Operator(s): OK1CDJ OK1DF OK1MU OK1YM OK1RS OK1XUB OK2ZAW
Station: OL7M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Policko
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:  335
   40:  422
   20:  456
   15:   29
   10:    0
------------
Total: 1242  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 81  Total Score = 161,460

Club:

Comments:

This year, the ARRL RU, was really extreme in the central EU. There was the
record lowest temperature in last 10 years at our OL7M QTH. In the Saturday
morning there were minus 25 deg Celsius. We needed to drive our cars, but it
was really hard �" impossible in the some cases  :) We did have a lot of
fun with it. Also about 30cm of new snow made us happy... Thanks to ice and
snow we did have a lot of work on wire antennas: 2 broken elements on our 10el
wire yagi for 40m, torn wires on a few beverages etc. Finally everything was
ready before the contest and we should enjoy it. I am affraid, condx was really
poor. We started at 20m band but it was closed in 18:00 GMT. Than we moved to
40m and jumped to 80m and back. 10m band was closed all the contest and on 15m
brought only a few QSOs and a few NA stations: KB8O, W4GKM, N3KN, N9CK, K7BV
and AC0C,. The result was the lowest count of NA stations in last 5 years:

2013 - 693 QSO with NA
2014 - 682 QSO with NA
2015 - 443 QSO with NA
2016 - 515 QSO with NA
2017 - 425 QSO with NA

   Anyway after all it was nice contest with a few visits of Murphy, nice BBQ
in minus 25°C and some vodka drinks :) We would like to thanks to all for QSO
and rare mults like: Luis CE4SFG, Peo D44TBT, Felimon DU1JM, John 9M6XRO, Ajaya
VU2DED, Michael VP8NO, Alain TR8CA, Solo VR2CO, Eddy YB6DE and others! Beautiful
end of the contest was the last QSO. It was new state on 40m with  W3DQ from DC
�" Thanks for mult Eric!

More info and photos here : http://ok2zaw.blogspot.cz/2017/01/ARRLRU2017.html

OL7M team