[3830] NAQP CW W3USA(K8MR) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W3USA(K8MR) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 04:51:25 +0000
North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W3USA
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: W3USA

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 1.0

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  69     30
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  69     30  Total Score = 2,070

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: NCC/MRRC Team 4

Comments:

Took the KX3 to the Sarasota Bay waterfront for some afternoon action. Trouble
from the start: trying to pull out the sticking MFJ telescoping antenna, it
pulled itself apart popping an losing the retaining clip. Another piece for the
Mighty Fine Junkpile. Fortunately I had the HamStick collection with me, so I
stuck the 20 meter stick on the mount in the salt water.

Salt water does play nice! about half the QSOs were running. S&P calls got
a nice response rate. Unfortunately it was pretty much a single band contest at
the time I was there.

73 - Jim  K8MR