[3830] NAQP CW W6YX(N7MH) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W6YX(N7MH) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 22:46:12 +0000
North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   68    22
   80:  150    47
   40:  288    52
   20:  520    57
   15:  190    38
   10:    6     2
-------------------
Total: 1222   218  Total Score = 266,396

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #1

Comments:

Spent 10 minutes at the start working locals and CO on 10, hoping that another
mult or two would show up but no luck.

Dean/N6DE also did a full-time single-op one-radio effort from the W6YX station
and Clayton/NF1R was on for a few hours on 20 meters.

I was a bit concerned about interference between all of us since we were on the
same bands but I never heard either of them except the few times I tuned across
while S&P. In mid-afternoon when 15 had dried up and 40 wasn't yet open we
had 4 radios on 20 meters, NF1R on the 6-el. KLM, N6DE on the C31XR, my run
radio on the 205CA and my S&P radio on the Pro67.

After abandoning 10 I dual-CQed on 20 and 15 and saw the 60-minute rate meter
creep up over 200.

The best 60 minute rate was 208/hour from 1900 to 1959
The best 30 minute rate was 226/hour from 1905 to 1934
The best 10 minute rate was 252/hour from 1919 to 1928

The best 1 minute rates were:
 7 QSOs/minute    1 times.
 6 QSOs/minute    2 times.
 5 QSOs/minute   17 times.
 4 QSOs/minute   44 times.
There were 478 bandchanges and 262 (21.4%) probable 2nd radio QSOs.

Rates on the low bands were slower. It was more productive to S&P on the
lower band than to dual-CQ, at least initially. Weak stations on 160 could not
be heard while listening to a noisy 80 in the other ear so I fell back to one
radio for a while.

I tried moving 3 or 4 mults to other bands, mostly from 20 to 15, but none of
the moves were successful. I never heard ND or RI. Most Canada mults were
worked on only one or two bands. VE3 was worked on 5 bands thanks to VE3EJ on
160. I was surprised to work VE9 on 80 through 15 with VE9ML on 80/40/20 and
VE9DX on 15.

73,
-Mike, N7MH